Contract to Hire
ON SITE in Omaha, NE
- Vigilantly monitors IT systems for suspicious activities that may indicate intrusion attempts. Suggest/Implement Fixes.
- Determines when to update protection systems by monitoring current reports of vulnerabilities; facilitates or performs needed updates ensuring software is appropriately updated and functional.
- Conducts risk assessments and executes tests of systems to ensure proper functioning and security measures.
- Documents policies, procedures, and tests related to computer security and emergency measures.
- Collaborates with other team members to create reports detailing suspicious events and responses.
- Assists with modifications to the security system as directed.
- When necessary provide level 3 support for the organization.
- Respond, facilitate, track, and remediate client security audits.
- Track, test, purchase and implement appropriate security technologies.
- Ensure proper computer and network access for system users.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of information security principles, practices, standards, and architectures.
- Working experience of computer-related security systems, including intrusion detection systems, firewalls, SIEMs, password protection and authentication methods and web filtering solutions.
- Familiar with Vulnerability Management Process
- Proficient with a broad array of security software applications and tools.
- Experience with Wireshark / general TCPIP Networking and Network tools.
A minimum of two years of experience in the computer security field required, preferably in a professional services environment.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Working towards or has the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.