6 month contract
ON SITE in Omaha, NE
General Position Summary
Participates in all phases of the SDLC, from business requirements review, design (development), to final system testing and release testing. Ensures software is tested thoroughly before it is migrated to Production. Areas of accountability may include test data management, automated and manual testing processes, testing environments, software change management and pre-production preparation.
Travel (% of work period)
Essential Job Functions
· Create test cases from requirements to test the delivered functionality, and ensure development outputs meet defined acceptance criteria.
· Perform functional, functional integration, regression, as well as other forms of test activities according to best practice prescribed by the community of practice.
· Collaborates across business divisions to determine process improvements in testing, test data management and software change management.
· Prepares reports or other methods to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities.
· Creates test artifacts in Jira and Confluence, and understands the various issue type and template functionalities.
· Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and policy.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
This job requires a background that demonstrates the following minimum knowledge, skills, talents and traits:
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, related field or equivalent work experience.
· Experience or knowledge regarding software development, testing and deployment.
· Understanding of various test methodologies.
· Dedicated to improvement and innovation regarding the effectiveness and efficiency of testing and quality management.
· Ability to learn fast, be self-driven and to work across teams and disciplines.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to engage well with others and be passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
· Ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
· Experience with test plan and test case development
· Software and/or process development experience
· Experience with Jira, Confluence, or other work management and collaboration platforms