Client Resources Inc. (CRi) is an IT recruiting and solutions provider based out of Omaha, NE. We are renowned for a culture of service that ensures an outstanding experience for every client, candidate, and consultant. Our unique collaborative partnering approach combines strategy, design, and disruptive thinking to produce results that connect people and provide a user experience that makes a difference.
CRi is looking for a QA Analyst to join our team at one of our client sites for a full time position in Omaha, NE.
We are looking for someone with a collaborative mindset who is an excellent mentor in quality best practices. The analyst will work within a cross-functional Agile team to develop our software according to priorities and specifications with strong emphasis on composing resilient APIs (services) as part of our core product. The work includes focus on security practices and advancement of authentication/authorization and monitoring practices. Automated testing will be utilized and will include functional, load, performance, and scalability testing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Collaborate with product management, architecture, development, and customers to discover, define, and design APIs (services) that provide robust capabilities and enrich our customers’ experience.
- Focus on constant iteration of our APIs (services) and be open to change and innovation.
- Work with management, architecture, and development teams to develop and execute external load, performance, and scalability tests and to ensure test coverage meets expectations.
- The analyst will operate as part of a cross-functional Agile team.
- The team will meet daily to decide the highest priority work/tasks and complete working, tested, and production quality software before moving on to additional work.
- Collaborate with team to decompose features into small pieces of working software that can be completed in a single iteration.
- Analyze acceptance criteria to create test cases for unit, integration, and acceptance tests.
- Develop risk-based testing strategies for the work of the team. Design and implement clear, concise test plans to verify whether software applications and systems meet functional requirements, design specifications and performance goals for users. Use contemporary frameworks to automate testing. Situationally recommend manual testing where the economics/risk of the situation warrant the approach.
- Execute test plans and analyze test results to identify defects and configuration issues. Proactively communicate defects/issues to team members including recommendations for correcting the issues. Work with team to resolve defects/issues.
- Write supporting documentation for the APIs (services) to promote ease of adoption and write release notes, help documentation, articles, and feature documentation.
- Team members are expected to leverage their primary skill area and be open to learning and helping with other skill domains with the focus on completing the team’s work.
- Provide oral and written status to project lead and management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance and testing best/emerging practices. Experience with web, mobile, and load/performance testing or automation is a plus.
- Cross Functional Skill Development – Quality Assurance will be the candidate’s main expertise, but analysts must be proactive about learning the skills and methods used across the various roles of the team. Ability to contribute to the team work to advance the highest priority work items for the team when their primary skill work is not available or needed.
- Experience with REST and/or GraphQL services is preferred.
- Familiarity with or aptitude to learn security concepts related to APIs (services) is desirable.
- Clear, effective communication skills – Must be comfortable and willing to openly discuss work items within a cross-functional team and to provide constructive feedback. Ability to document and communicate technical, architectural, and API information for consumption by internal and external customers.
- Detail-oriented, organized, methodical in your approach with strong trouble-shooting skills. Able to prioritize tasks according to importance and severity.
- Ability to resolve technical and non-technical issues with minimum supervision or assistance.
- Natural curiosity to experiment and test the limits of software functionality.
- Innovation-Driven mindset with the ability to work in a rapid and iterative product development environment.
- Flexibility: You understand that priorities and requirements will evolve, and you may have to be flexible in your approach and in your expectations. You are open-minded and adapt well to changing environments as a company grows and scales. You aren’t afraid to step outside your comfort zone and take initiative to help the team succeed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Normal office environment with use of computers and telephone systems; no unusual physical demands.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or 2-5 years of QA and testing experience within an enterprise-wide environment. Proficient in SOAP and RESTful web services testing.
Experience with the following tools is a plus: Runscope/Blazemeter, TestProject, LoadRunner, Gherkin, Cucumber, Sikuli, Sikuli Sharp, Telerik Test Studio, and Jira.
Coding experience is a plus but not required.
Experience collaborating with a team of engineers, architects, and technologists with varying skill sets.
A strong understanding of software testing practices.
Note: We are unable to sponsor or accept any H1B candidates at this time.
This position is on site in Omaha, NE.
Learn more about CRi on our website: https://www.clientresourcesinc.com/