This position is accountable for serving as a technical thought-leader on the Business Analytics team. They must be experts in data analytics principles and best practices to effectively build strategies and solutions that serve current and future needs. Responsibilities include: acting as a servant-leader on projects that develop and/or implement healthcare data analytics and automated solutions; developing a deep understanding of healthcare data; executing solutions using Analytics, Data Science and ETL tools; and developing a BI environments to empower people to answer existing and new questions in a fast and iterative manner.
What you’ll do:
1. Provide leadership and technical expertise to the Business Analytics team in the research, decision-making, automation and implementation of business intelligence and analytics. This includes evaluating redundancies and complexities within the data.
2. Work with all levels of business users to understand their business requirements and translate those business needs into automated solutions and/or analytical models.
3. Work with subject matter experts, data governance coordinators, data stewards and data engineers to implement technical solutions by developing the data flows and structures for the department.
4. Utilize knowledge base of Power BI (parameters, actions, tooltip modifications, etc.) to design and build functional and effective business analytics dashboards and visual models that meet business needs.
5. Conduct business intelligence research around best practices. Monitor industry activities involving business intelligence and consumer analytics. Maintain a working knowledge of technological advances. Keep leadership informed of external trends and issues that may impact the business.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
● Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, data science, computer sciences, statistics, risk management, economics, engineering, or related quantitative or analytics field
● 5 years of experience developing in support of mature or maturing BI or Analytics environment (Reporting, Analytic and Data
Additional Job Description Job Title Default Restrict to Country Management Level Job Family Job Category
Data Analytics Engineer III
● Extensive Experience with Data Visualization tools/toolkits like Power BI and Tableau to include: Power BI cloud
implementation; storage, connectivity, and asset organization best practices; and DAX for custom, complex calculations
● Experience consulting and influencing decisions using sound judgment and data analysis to effectively drive positive business outcomes and resolve complex problems. The strongest candidates for this position will also possess:
● 5 years of experience working with data analysis, data modeling and data mining of complex raw data
● Master’s degree in mathematics,data science, computer sciences, statistics, risk management, economics, engineering, or
related quantitative or analytics field
● Experience with predictive modeling and data science methodologies such as Logistic Regression, Linear/Non-Linear Regression, Clustering, Classification Models, Time Series Analysis models,etc
● Experience with SQL database management, query analysis and data interfacing.
● Experience with Big Data/Data Science tools like R, Python, Spark, etc.
● Experience with Data Visualization tools/toolkits like PowerBI and Tableau
● Expertise/experience with Agile project delivery methodology for software development is preferred
● Experience with and knowledge of the healthcare delivery system and the health insurance industry is preferred.
● Understanding of medical coding systems (CPT, ICD-9, DRG, etc.) is preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for this requirement.
- The ability to meet or exceed the attendance and timeliness requirements of their departments.
- The ability to work well in a team environment, and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, departments, and customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.