Adding a senior level networking engineer to their team that also includes 2 system engineers and 3 desktop support. Cisco CCNP certification required. Working with cutting edge technology in this role supporting 1300 – 1400 employees. Firepower firewalls, 9300 and 9500 switches. These systems keep this huge plants (3 city blocks in size) running. It runs nearly 24 X 7, only being down 3-4:00 a.m. each day and 1-4 a.m. on Monday mornings.
Senior level skills are required as these new systems are being integrated on top of an older one that has been band-aided, level on top of level, over the years.
The Network Engineer ensures the availability, stability and integrity of LAN, WAN, VLAN, and WLAN networks. Under general direction, the Network Engineer is responsible for the design, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of the network infrastructure.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Plan, design and install complex network solutions to support the company’s needs.
- Design networks using various supplier products.
- Install and monitor network software, hardware and related patches.
- Create and maintain network documentation as it relates to network topology, equipment, operational support and configuration. Documentation to include drawings created in Visio.
- Manage and monitor the wired and wireless networks at the corporate office, and other locations as assigned. Monitor network connectivity to ensure that all users and production equipment have the required network connections.
- Monitor network performance and make configuration changes to routers, switches, etc., as necessary to ensure that maximum network performance is maintained.
- Manage all aspects of network security (Firewalls, ISE, Antivirus, etc.).
- Provide 2nd and 3rd tier troubleshooting and problem solving for network issues.
- Perform enhancements to existing products.
- Keep abreast of latest technologies.
- On-call responsibilities are as needed.
- Mentor and coach less experienced colleagues.
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of LAN/WAN networking, routing, switching, workstations, operating systems, and application data flows.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Cisco equipment such as routers, switches, ASA firewalls, firepower and ISE Server.
- Advanced knowledge of wireless technologies with the ability to configure, manage and troubleshoot devices manufactured by Cisco.
- Familiarity with virtualization: VMware.
V. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years IT network experience (managing and troubleshooting enterprise networks).
- CCNP certifications.
- Other certification preferred: CCIE