Client Resources Inc. is a leading IT consulting company serving clients throughout the Midwestern United States. With a principal market in the greater Omaha area, CRi prides itself on our top-of-the-line customer service to our corporate clients and our employees. We have partnered with a client in Omaha, NE, searching for an experienced Java Developer | 6 month Contract | Based in Omaha, NE.
ABOUT THIS COMPANY:
Provides investing and trading services for nearly six million client accounts that total more than $600 billion in assets, and custodial services for more than 4,000 independent registered investment advisors. With clients placing, on average, approximately 400,000 trades each day, it maintains the leadership position it assumed when founder opened the doors in Omaha, NE, in 1975. With new headquarters in Omaha, NE it is targeted to be LEED Platinum-certified- representing a giant leap in environmentally friendly design. Not only did they incorporate a multiple of technology and materials to maximize energy efficiency and minimize waste, they replanted much of the foliage which had been excavated during construction.
Office amenities include:
- Full dining facility
- Fitness center
- Fun Employee lounge areas
- Modern décor
- Close proximity to stores and shops
- Easy commute to nearby suburbs
- Solar- and turbine-powered heating and lighting
- Motion and heat sensors to minimize power use
- On-site water recycling
- “Living” and usable green roof on the pavilion
- Individual airflow climate controls
- LED lighting
Omaha offers a variety of options for entertainment, education, culture and recreation for all ages. An open-air campus, their facility features several buildings connected by multiple paths and walkways. Ranked #3 in the “Best Cities to Relocate to in America 2010” by Sperling’s Best Places Guide, Omaha delivers big-city amenities and small-town sensibilities in this bustling metropolitan setting.
The Software Developer will be responsible for performing analysis and development tasks of moderate complexity for the organization’s brokerage applications and systems. This is a uniquely diverse position that will interface with all areas in technology (across departments and product groups) and the business lines. This project involves converting legacy code written in Perl to Java. There are four iterations to this project that will include pulling functions out of Perl and re-writing into Java.
Key Attributes and Qualifications:
- 4+ years programming experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full knowledge of common software design patterns (Gang of Four)
- 2+ years’ experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- 2+ years’ experience with distributed systems development
- 2+ years’ experience with real time systems development
- 2+ years’ experience with transactional systems development
- 2+ years’ experience with network and I/O programming Financial services/brokerage experience
- 2 years of Java or Object-Oriented (OO) programming experience
- Experience with real time processing, relational database systems, inter-process communications and data communications is a plus
Essential Expectations coming into this role:
- Performs product design tasks of a moderate to high complexity which may require research and analysis.
- Perform system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, testing, debugging, and documentation, although specific skill requirements could vary based on the type of development being performed.
- Works independently and with supervisory review on moderate to highly complex programming tasks.
- Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
- Prepares program specifications and develops coding logic flowcharts.
- Participates in client interactions, possibly with more senior team members, to develop system solutions to business problems.
- Works within established procedures to develop, test, implement, and maintain application software.
Additional Preferred requirements:
US Citizens, Permanent Residents, Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
Apply now to CRi’s experienced Java Developer position! Those based in Omaha, NE area are highly encouraged to apply.